TUV is a certification body for persons, management systems, and products on a wide range of international standards. As a global provider of training, examination, audit, and certification services, TUV offers its expertise on multiple fields, including but not limited to Information Security, IT, Business Continuity, Service Management, Quality Management Systems, Risk & Management, Health, Safety, and Environment.
We help professionals and organizations to show commitment and competence with internationally recognized standards by providing this assurance through the education, evaluation and certiﬁcation against rigorous, internationally recognized competence requirements. Our mission is to provide our clients comprehensive services that inspire trust, continual improvement, demonstrate recognition, and benefit society as a whole.
Our principal objectives and activities are:
- Establishing the minimum requirements necessary to certify professionals, organizations and products
- Reviewing and verifying the qualifications of applicants for eligibility to be considered for the certification evaluation
- Developing and maintaining reliable, valid, and current certification evaluations
- Granting certificates to qualified candidates, organizations and products, maintaining records, and publishing a directory of the holders of valid certificates
- Establishing requirements for the periodic renewal of certification and determining compliance with those requirements
- Ascertaining that our clients meet ethical standards in their professional practice
- Representing its members, where appropriate, in matters of common interest
- Promoting the benefits of certification to organizations, employers, public officials, practitioners in related fields, and the public
TUV professionals will:
- Conduct themselves professionally, with honesty, accuracy, fairness, responsibility and independence.
- Act at all times solely in the best interest of their employer, their clients, the public, and the profession by acting in accordance with the professional standards and applicable techniques while performing professional services.
- Maintain their competency in their respective fields and strive to constantly improve their professional skills.
- Offer only professional services for which they are qualified to perform, and adequately inform clients and consumers about the nature of proposed services, including any relevant concerns or risks.
- Inform each employer or client of any business interests or affiliations which might influence their judgment or impair their fairness.
- Treat in a confidential and private manner information acquired during professional and business dealings of any present or former employer or client without its proper consent.
- Comply with all laws and regulations of the jurisdictions where professional activities are conducted.
- Respect the intellectual property and contributions of others.
- Not intentionally communicate false or falsified information that may compromise the integrity of the evaluation process of a candidate for a professional designation.
- Not act in any manner that could compromise the reputation of TUV or its certification programs for persons and will fully cooperate on the inquiry following a claimed infringement of this Code of Ethics.